We all remember the big moments. The monumental stepping stones in our life. We keep their memoirs and write down every last detail. But what about the little moments? The short, sweet moments trapped in time. The moments that give us relief and sanity in our crazy lives. The perfect moments. I’d like to keep mine here, neatly typed and readily available for the more… stressful times. Enjoy!
1. Sitting in a little coffee shop in some town up north, drinking a cherry mocha while “Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)” by Green Day plays on the speakers.
2. Receiving a postcard from a friend away on vacation on a rainy day, and writing back.
3. Driving past an American flag placed at the top of a construction sight while listening to AWOLnation’s “Kill Your Heroes.”
4. Completing a workout and knowing you have the willpower to make yourself into whoever you want to be.
5. An unexpected snowball fight with someone new.
6. Spending a night in with my girls, cooking and eating and watching whatever we can on Netflix.
7. Lying in the warm sun on an Alabama beach.
8. That feeling after seeing results from working out.
9. Sitting on a swing set on a cloudy day and listening to “White Teeth Teens” by Lorde.